Monday, May 24, 2010

Tau Kappa Epsilon Crest

My boyfriend is a member of Tau Kappa Epsilon. He really wanted a painting of the crest so I made one for his birthday. It was one of the most difficult paintings that I have done not because it is detailed but for the simple fact that there is no room for error. His fraternity means a lot to him and I knew that the painting needed to be as perfect as possible. This painting is on a 24' by 32' canvas and took several weeks to complete because of all the layers of paint and the time to dry. I will warn anyone who sets out to do a painting with a black background, give yourself plenty of time and quite a bit of paint. But it was well worth it when I saw the look on his face and how it hangs in their apartment. I had to use several detail brushes to do the outlines. The brushes listed below work fairly well and come in all different sizes.

No comments:

Post a Comment