Monday, May 24, 2010

Tuscan Window Scene

This is one of my first paintings. I did it to go with the decor in my mother's kitchen. It is not the best work but I love how the rocks at the bottom turned out and its not bad for only painting a few weeks. In person the rocks are actually texturized which added a nice effect in my opinion. One of the hardest aspects in this painting was to mix the colors correctly. It is a bit stylized in places but I am still new. Also for those critics out there I know the proportions are off. This painting was a lot of fun for me to do and only two approximately five or six hours over the course of a few days. I really love the thick canvas for this project.


Sargent Art 90-3009 18-Inch by 18-Inch Canvas Panel, 100-Percentage CottonSargent Art 90-3009 18-Inch by 18-Inch Canvas Panel, 100-Percentage Cotton

No comments:

Post a Comment